It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve shared my weekly financials, although I filled you in a bit the other day about how much I’m saving using cash. I’m just sorry I didn’t jump on this “cash” wagon sooner! It’s changing my financial life, for sure.
Okay, here goes:
How I spent my money this week:
- Gifts: $30.00. A t-shirt and a couple of car stickers at JMU
- Gasoline: $73.20 An extra tank of gas to get to JMU (but really it was only a 1/2 tank, as I didn’t drive that much)
- Entertainment: $7.00 tip for coat check and valet parking for hubby’s company dinner; $2.49 magazine for ride home from JMU
- Medical: $20.85 Two prescriptions
- Eating Out: $76.73 JMU lunch, bagel breakfast with entire family, Dunken Donuts for coffee (several times….)
- Groceries: $22.50 (What do you think of that?? Pretty amazing for me!)
How I saved money this week:
- Made breakfast before we went to JMU
- Used up leftovers and created a menu out of stuff I already had on hand
One frugal thing I did:
- CVS’ing. Lots of freebies this week, including paper towels, deodorant and Eucerin. I’ll try and post my CVS shopping soon!
Did I meet my goals from last week:
- Call insurance companies. Nope.
- Shred documents that need to leave my home. Nope.
- 4/7 No Spends. Maybe, I don’t remember.
I guess I took a break from my goals too! Sigh.
My goals for next week:
- Stay within my cash budget. (This is really better than no-spends :)!)
- Call insurance companies.
- Figure out how to lower utility bills. It’s been a cold winter…..