My husband and I went to Trader Joe’s yesterday to do a grocery shop. We purchased mostly organic fruits and veggies, wild salmon, chicken and pork. I also picked up a bag of chia seeds that I will be adding to my smoothies. I did not purchase any snack foods (i.e. chips, pretzels) but instead picked up some fruit bars. That was a big change for me.
Here is this week’s new and improved menu for Chez MidlifeMomMusings:
Breakfasts: Oatmeal w/blueberries, Scrambled eggs with spinach and onions, Smoothies
Lunches: Minestrone Soup, Greek Salad, Spinach salad, Peanut butter and celery, Turkey on whole wheat
Snacks: Pears, Apples, Cheese, Almonds, Popcorn
- Roast Pork Loin, Sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli
- Sweet & Sour Chicken, Fried Rice (made with brown rice), stirfy veggies
- Wild Salmon, steamed broccoli, baked potatoes
- Spaghetti & Meatballs w/tossed salad (this will NEVER leave our menu! )
- Grilled Chicken Cutlet, zucchini/squash, brown rice
We are going out to eat on Saturday night (I’ll eat healthy), and one night we will be at the high school football game for senior night (have no idea what I’m going to eat then…) This new way of eating should help me lose weight as well, although that is no longer my main goal. Getting back to
good great health is what I really want, no matter what size that may be.
What’s for dinner at your house?